Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Scale Shows That I Have Stopped Losing Weight

Am I discouraged or worried about this? Nope!

The scale may be one good way to measure my weight loss efforts, but it is not the only way. I know I am making positive changes because:
  • My clothes are looser
  • I have measured myself and I am losing inches
  • I have a body fat measuring scale and I can see that my body fat is decreasing

I am focusing on things in additions to my actual weight loss on the scale. I want to be healthier, as well as feel stronger and look better. I am becoming more fit.

Although I still say “I want to lose weight” I know that what I am really saying is I want to change the way my body looks and how I feel. I want to gain more strength and energy and look better in my clothes.

I work out at the gym three to four times a week - both cardio and strength training, and know that I am losing fat and gaining some lean muscle. This adds strength and tones the body. Muscle is denser than fat, so it takes up less space. So I am losing inches, toning and looking and feeling better even if the scale doesn’t show an actual weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment