Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are We Too FAT?

Americans are much heavier today than during the last 20 years. According to a recent article from MSNBC, 34% of Americans are now obese! This is up from 22.9% in the 1988-1994 surveys.

Most people today realize that excess fat is not good for them. It seems that everyone you talk to says that they need to lose weight or need to go on a diet. However, most are not losing weight - evidently just talking about it.

There is no question that nearly 1/3 of Americans needs to lose weight. Obviously what people have been doing is not working. It is time for a change.

Here is what I am doing:
  • I am decreasing “bad” fats and carbs, and am increasing the good ones.
  • I am decreasing the amount of food that I eat
  • I am also using Ultra Body meal replacement like others in this group.
My goal is to lose 30 pounds in a safe and slow manner. I feel that an average 8 to 10 pounds a month will work for me. So I should lose 30 pounds in three to four months. By the end of April I should have reached my goal. I started my new lifestyle eating plan three weeks ago and so far I have lost 7 pounds, so I am on track.

Ultra tastes soooo good, I love it! And since it contains the natural appetite suppressant Hoodia, it is much easier to both eat less and eat right.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Gail... is it politically correct to use the word fat when you refer to fat people? LOL

    I do believe that is because the definition is changing. We are getting fatter, there is no doubt about it. Instead of really dealing with that reality, retailers change clothing sizes, furniture gets bigger etc, all to accomodate our larger bodies.

    What used to be a size 16 is now a 12. We use terms like plus size to avoid that truly nasty, but descriptive word, "fat". I certainly do not advocate name calling, but I think while we need to accept ourselves and love ourselves as we are, we need to be more aware of the health risks associated with carrying around too much fat, especially as we get older.

    That's why I am committed to taking Ultra Body for life. It is filled with nutrients that I know my body is missing. I tend to skip meals too often, then make up for it with something really foolish, but quick. This is lifestyle change, and I already feel better in the few days I've been taking the product.

    ReplyDelete